At Studio South, we take pride in offering many genres of dance to both boys and girls in our community. Below are class descriptions, as well as important forms in you are interested in enrolling at our dance academy.
Dance Combo Classes- For preschool aged children we offer classes that focus on ballet and tap technique. These classes meet once a week for one hour. For children 2nd grade and up, we offer classes that continue to teach ballet and tap technique, as well as jazz. These classes meet once a week for an hour and a half. For children/young adults over the age of 13, we offer ballet, tap, jazz, and lyrical. These classes meet once a week for two or more hours.
Tumbling- Tumbling classes focus on all aspects of tumbling including stretching, flexibility and skills.
Hip Hop- These dynamic, upbeat classes teach hip hop technique and choreography with no suggestive music/movements. Dancers develop rhythm, coordination, and self-expression.
Tap Technique- These classes teach rhythm, coordination, tap terminology and choreography.
Pointe- This dance form is for more advanced ballet students. Instructors will decide when students are ready for pointe based on experience, age, strength, and technique.
Ballet/Jazz Technique Combo- Teaches all aspects of ballet and jazz technique including stretching, conditioning and flexibility. This class will also focus on dance skills such as leaps and turns.
Below are important forms for our dancers. If you have any questions about which forms you need to complete, please contact us today.
Payment Form for Auto Draft
Metter Studio Forms
Claxton Studio Forms
Arriving and Departing from Class
Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes prior to class time. This helps us avoid traffic jams in the parking lot and in the lobby.
Drop-Off – Please drop your dancer off in front of the studio. Younger dancers should be escorted into the studio and taken to the restroom before class begins.
Food and Drinks
- Please no food, sodas, or sports drinks inside the building.
- !!Water Only!!
- Water bottles should have a spill-proof cap. NO FOOD, GUM, OR CANDY.
- All food should be finished prior to entering the building.
- Please take your trash with you.
What to Wear
- Leotards and tights are appropriate attire for dance class.
- In addition to a leotard and tights, see appropriate dancewear as listed below for different classes. All Studio South apparel is approved for all dance classes.
- Ballet, Pointe & Lyrical — Dancers may wear ballet skirts or dance shorts (not cheer shorts). Dancer MUST wear pink ballet shoes for ballet. Lyrical shoes may be worn for lyrical. Pointe shoes must be worn for pointe class.
- Tap – Leotards, dance tanks, sports bras, dance shorts or jazz pants are allowed in tap class. Dancers should wear tan tap shoes.
- Jazz – Leotards, dance tanks, sports bras, and dance shorts or jazz pants are allowed in jazz class. Dancers should wear tan jazz shoes
- Technique – Same as jazz attire. Dancers should wear jazz shoes or lyrical shoes.
- Hip-Hop & Tumbling – Students should wear tennis shoes and comfortable clothes. P.E. attire or dance attire is appropriate.
- Parents and visitors are not allowed to stay and observe class.
- Dancers, especially young dancers, are very distracted when a parent/guardian is in the classroom. Parents/guardians, please drop-off your dancer in the designated area even if your dancer is being shy or crying. It will only last a minute – We promise. We have your emergency phone numbers if the crying persists.
Policies and Procedures
- There will be a $25.00 Return Check Fee. Past-due accounts may also be charged a late fee.
- Payments may be dropped in the payment box in the lobby. Please put all cash payments in an envelope with the dancer’s name.
- Dancers will not be allowed to participate in any performances unless balances are paid to date.
- If your child decides to discontinue classes at any time during the year, please let us know as soon as possible so that billing does not continue. You will be responsible for any costumes that have been ordered if we have not been notified.
- If school is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will send an email giving the status of dance classes for that day.